Mr and Mrs Moram to be :-)

Mr and Mrs Moram to be :-)
Mr and Mrs Moram to be :-)

Sunday 5 June 2011

Shoes, Glorious Shoes!

Last week I managed to tick another item off my every-growing wedding list: the purchase of my wedding shoes.

I have to admit, this purchase had started to drive me insane.  I didn’t really know what I wanted – ivory, a colour, open-toe, court shoe, lace, vintage or none of these?

After much research online, I came across some beautiful Rachel Simpson shoes: http://rachelsimpsonshoes.co.uk/range.php?range=2&name_id=25&style_id=157



These are simply stunning, but I just couldn’t justify the price (RRP £150). I’m not stingy, but my logic is telling me that no one is really going to see the shoes anyway and I always had a budget of £50 in mind.

I was then back to searching for the perfect pair on the high street, and wasn’t having much joy. No matter where I went, I just couldn’t find the right pair.

So last Saturday when I was visiting my local popular high street discount store, my eyes were drawn to a pair of shoes that looked comfortable and I knew they would go brilliantly with my dress. I tried them on and that was it – I had to have them! When I turned them over to look at the price I almost did a double take as they were only £10, reduced from £45! I examined them to make sure they were in good condition and they are perfect! And at that, I bought them : )

I’m really chuffed. As a budget-savvy bride, I think I’ve outdone myself on the shoes and my advice to other brides is that you really can get some bargains – you just have to look for them!

So what are the shoes? I don’t want to give them away by posting a picture but they’re ivory, are not peep-toe and have an average 10cm heel, so I won’t be toppling over on the big day. At least not until I’ve had a few drinks : )

3 comments:

  1. Ahh - what a bargain! I've got the Rachel Simpsons - Flo - though i need another pair for the register office in the morning... I shall be checking out my local TK Maxx (guessing this is your oblique reference!) regularly for similar bargains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! they are beautiful :) I've seen shoes really similar to those on Perdita's Wedding Shoes for nearly £100!! I can't believe you got such a bargain - well done!

    I originally thought I'd treat myself to designer shoes, but when it comes to it I don't think I can justify that sort of money. Who knows what I'll end up with!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're even cheaper than mine! I thought £30 was a steal! x

    ReplyDelete