Mr and Mrs Moram to be :-)

Mr and Mrs Moram to be :-)
Mr and Mrs Moram to be :-)

Thursday 17 February 2011

We’ve Got The Whole World…In Our hands!

I literally cannot stop dreaming about our Honeymoon of late.

The World is literally our oyster.  We can go wherever we please, and I love that feeling of freedom.  I keep looking at a world map which is pinned up by my desk and imagining what it would be like to visit each continent.



One regret I do have is going travelling.  I never went to university, but I did have the opportunity to head off to Indonesia for 6 months when I was 19 and turned it down as my sensible head said no.  Maybe my ‘you only live once’ head should have won the battle!

Having spoken about our various honeymoon options over the last few months, I think we have narrowed it down to two and they are each very different!

1) Florida and the Keys
I am a massive Disney fan (always have been, always will) and have ALWAYS wanted to go to Florida to the theme parks.  I would be like a child in a sweet shop (especially now they have built Harry Potter World – just don’t get me started!), most likely driving Ben completely insane, but still!  He’s been lucky enough to have holidayed there a few times already, and loved it each time.  So the plan is to have 2 weeks discovering the parks and then jetting down to the Keys for a week of relaxation to unwind at the end of it all.

Harry Potter World!


The only problem I can forsee with this option is that it isn’t exactly a ‘relaxing’ break for the first two weeks and after all the stress of the wedding we may just want to do absolutely NOTHING but lie horizontally in the sun, sipping cocktails and chillax.

2) Thailand
As a couple we’ve always fancied jetting off to the Far East, particularly Thailand, but have yet to get round to it.  Ben’s parents go for a month every March and always wow us with their stories and photos of white sands and gorgeous crystal waters when they get back.  We are also huge fans of Thai food so this seems to fit the bill in that respect too.  It just looks like total paradise and a mixture of Bangkok and 2 beach locations would be ideal.

Bangkok
Beautiful Thailand : )


One thing getting in the way is the weather.  If we were to go in May it’s going into their hurricane season and I certainly don’t want to swept away on our Honeymoon : )  Apparently the best time to go is January to March, and this would mean waiting until 2013 to go and I don’t think I can be that patient!

But we have decided to be really greedy and in fact have two honeymoons!  We are going to have a ‘mini-moon’ straight after the wedding and plan on staying in a secluded log cabin in either the Lake District or Loch Lomond.  It makes sense as we’ll be in Edinburgh anyway.

We figure, why not?  My ‘you only live once’ head is certainly on this time!

4 comments:

  1. Thailand is beautiful, especially the North. I also know of an amazing boutique hotel and restaurant in Phuket which is worth going to even if it's just for dinner. We went beginning of June and it rained a lot, so def avoid rainy season!

    Have a mini-moon to keep you going and go in Jan 2013. That's what we're doing. Although hoping to drive across America for ours!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh choices choices choices! Im always in the 'you only live once' camp when it comes to travelling and holidays and love your two honeymoon plan.

    They are such different destinations although both fantastic. We went travelling round Thailand in March 2006 for a few weeks and loved it all, and have been to Florida more times than I can count but we love it!

    We went to Florida in December last year just for a week and Harry Potter World was AMAZING! Ill get round to showing some pics eventually!

    As for the not relaxing aspect of Florida, it is full on if you are visiting all the parks but having the keys at the end would give you the relaxation too.

    We arent really beach people, we prefer to see the actual country, but we knew we wanted a relaxing break after the wedding so we did a busy tour of Sri Lanka for the first week of our honeymoon then went to the Maldives for the second week to do nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adeline, that sounds AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gaynor, your honeymoon sounds fab! And I'd love to see pictures of HPW! I am such a huge fan, would be in my absolute element there!

    ReplyDelete