Mr and Mrs Moram to be :-)

Mr and Mrs Moram to be :-)
Mr and Mrs Moram to be :-)

Tuesday 8 February 2011

I Go Potty…Over Teapots!

This week I thought I would share with you one of my strange obsessions – tea pots and tea sets!

My fancy for all things vintage crockery started when we visited Marrakech on a weekend break.  Whilst searching the Souks for a bargain or two, I became mesmerised by the dozens of silver vintage teapots that were on sale.  Up until that point I had never really been a big tea fan – I had the odd cup at work, but that was mainly for the purpose of dipping a Rich Tea biscuit in rather than drinking!

This is similar to the teapot we purchased in Marrakech


So ever since that trip, I have seemed to acquire this desire to own lots of pretty, delicate, old-fashioned tea sets and tea pots.  Any colour, any style, you name it, I love it!

Last Summer I was a nightmare.  Every time Ben and I went out and there was a charity shop in sight, I’d be straight in there rummaging through the old bric-a-brac section with one thing on my mind: “I. Must. Have. Teapots!”

In the course of three months I think I bought five or so tea sets, and a couple of extra teapots - just because I could! 

I got some brilliant bargains including a cute Chinese tea set for £4 and a lovely white polka dot tea set from a charity shop in Horsham for under a fiver.  Ben’s Mum has also given me a vintage blue and white tea set that belonged to Ben’s nan : )

It did get to a point though where Ben told me that I could buy no more, as we really won’t have the room to display it all in our house.  Alas, I haven’t bought any in a while, but I can’t resist the urge to look no matter where we are! 

I’m now thinking of bringing my love of vintage crockery into the wedding plans, and am looking into options of using tea cups in the flower arrangements or as favours.  Somehow they will feature, I’ll make sure of it!!!

Gorgeous flowers in a teacup

2 comments:

  1. You should incorporate this into your centrepieces (excuse to buy more) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I definitely will be : ) Any excuse lol x

    ReplyDelete