Mr and Mrs Moram to be :-)

Mr and Mrs Moram to be :-)
Mr and Mrs Moram to be :-)

Monday 31 January 2011

Our Engagement Do At Ruby Blue!

This week I thought I’d reminisce about our engagement party, which took place at the end of June 2008.  We were talking about what a good night it was over the weekend, so I thought I’d share it with you all!

Once Ben had proposed on 2nd June, I could hardly wait to show my gorgeous ring off to all of our nearest and dearest!  We knew that we wanted to get everyone together in a party atmosphere, but for ages we couldn’t decide where to hold the bash.  In the end we settled on Ruby Blue, a nightclub bang in the middle of Leicester Square.
I booked a booth area (named the Fur Booth, which I loved!), ordered some nibbles and drinks and away we went inviting everyone along.

And what a good night it was!  Our closest friends and family all made it there to celebrate with us, including my oldest friend Karen who came all the way down from York, bless her.  It was a great opportunity for our families to meet too, because although we’d already been together for almost 3 years at this point, they hadn’t really met that much.

So the party really went off with a bang – there was tons of booze, oodles of cheesy shape-shifting on the dance floor, and of course the cake!

My Mum had ordered the cake from a local bakery, and we’d made sure the green matched my dress!  However, the more drunk I got, the more protective of the cake I became for some reason!  So much so that once everyone had left and only the hard-core remained (me, Ben, my sister Natalie, her boyfriend Nick and our friend Greg), I made us all carry the cake all the way home from Central London to Sutton via foot and night bus!  This was no easy task, I tell you, but we did it!!!

The cake!


Thanks again to all the lovelies who came – we hope you party as hard at the wedding reception as you did that night!

We're engaged :-)

Some of our nearest and dearest

Cutting the cake

Maid of Honour and Chief Bridesmaid

No idea what was so funny!


No comments:

Post a Comment