Mr and Mrs Moram to be :-)

Mr and Mrs Moram to be :-)
Mr and Mrs Moram to be :-)

Tuesday 18 January 2011

Sisterly Love


“Sisters, sisters, there were never such devoted sisters”

I have to admit, 10 years ago I never would have considered linking that sentence about my sister, Natalie, and myself.

When we were younger we fought like cat and dog.  The main problem was the ‘borrowing’ of clothes.  It got so bad at one stage that I had a lock on my wardrobe door!!!  The three year age gap back then seemed like a mountain that was wedged between us.  But now I forget the gap – she’s just Nat!

Over the years though we’ve shared so many things – bedrooms, men (not at the same time, I must add!), some great nights out and hundreds of happy (and sad) memories.  Natalie is always the life and soul of the party and usually the last one standing.  She’s great to go out and have a good time with, but she’s also a great listener.

I think we got closer when she headed off to Uni in Liverpool five years ago.  Mum and I dropped her off at her halls of residence and spent the night there before leaving her to enter the big wide world for herself.  Needless to say we were both in tears for most of the journey home!  She looked so helpless standing there as we drove away, but of course she had the best 4 year adventure of her life!

When she came back from Uni, we had to share a bedroom again.  I was absolutely dreading it – the lack of privacy and space certainly weren’t appealing but it actually worked out quite well and it was almost like we were getting to know each other all over again.

So when she announced she was leaving British soil in October last year to travel 5,000 miles away, I was not a happy bunny!  After dropping her at Heathrow I was devastated – this time she wasn’t just a few hundred miles away, she was halfway around the world in China! 

I guess the saying ‘you don’t realise what you have until it’s gone’ really is true.  I’m missing her loads but thanks to the world of email and Skype, we’re in regular contact and I’m so proud of her teaching English out there to classes of 50 children.  I certainly couldn’t do it!

My beautiful sis the teacher : )

So roll on her coming home – which will be sometime between April and August this year.  When she’s back we’ll be able to sort out the bridesmaids dresses and of course the hen do, which I have left in her ‘Chief Bridesmaid’ hands.  Who knows where we’ll end up for that though!  

Us at mine and Ben's engagement do





No comments:

Post a Comment