Mr and Mrs Moram to be :-)

Mr and Mrs Moram to be :-)
Mr and Mrs Moram to be :-)

Thursday 6 January 2011

Going Back To Bonny Scotland To Get Married

Over the last few days I’ve been thinking about our wedding venue and what it means to me to get married back ‘home’ in Scotland.

I was born in Dundee along with the rest of my family, and although we moved away when I was 5, I will always consider myself Scottish and am proud of my heritage.

My dad, who sadly passed away in 1996, was extremely patriotic and I know that he would have wanted me to get married nowhere else other than Scotland. 

Edinburgh has always held a fond place in my heart.  I remember going there when I was younger.  We’d go and visit family in Edinburgh but would often stop through the capital on the way there or back.  There are some photos of me aged 3 or 4 having a whale of a time at Edinburgh Zoo, and I also have fond memories of walking around the memorial gardens, visiting the castle and the Royal Britannia yacht, which is where Prince Charles and Lady Diana spent their honeymoon.

For anyone that hasn’t been to Edinburgh, you must!  With streets steeped in history and a thriving cultural scene, the city offers the perfect balance between traditional and contemporary.  And it’s the same with our chosen wedding venue, The Hub.  Located in the heart of the city’s old town on the Royal Mile, it boasts a steep history.  Step inside and the interior is breathtakingly modern.  Take a peek at the photos below to see what I mean!




Edinburgh is also surrounded by stunning scenery and coastlines.  I didn’t realise that there actually some beaches near the city centre, as we are hoping to travel to one on our wedding day to have some scenic photos taken. 

I simply can’t wait to get married in such a beautiful and iconic building, in one of my favourite cities in the world, surrounded by our family and friends.

16 months today – bring it on!




No comments:

Post a Comment